Mobilize Your Job Search
Can your smartphone help you find a job? Thanks to some truly useful apps, job seekers are finding it easier than ever to stay on top of the job market for their field and network with both their peers and decision makers at today’s hottest companies.
Here’s a round-up of the most useful apps for job seekers.
1. LunchMeet – this app takes the phrase, “Let’s do lunch,” to a whole new level. Simply sign in and it will match you up with other people in your immediate area who are looking to network or those who are looking for their latest new hire. This app even works after you land your job by helping you network with others in your field.
2. Jobs by Career Builder – With this app, you can look for jobs in your area, save your searches and get updates when new jobs are available. It’s free to use and since this service is widely used by top companies, you’ll have a good chance of finding your next job.
Platform: Android, iPhone
3. Indeed Mobile App – Indeed searches across numerous job networking sites and pulls all of the results in to your phone. Simply type in your job keywords and your location and press search. It saves all of your past searches and updates the results every time you start your app.
4. Resume App – Create a completely customized pdf resume with ease right on your phone. While it’s great if you’re in a hurry, this quicky resume shouldn’t replace your real resume. On the upside, you can easily share your creation right from your phone.
5. Documents to Go – For those who want to be able to send their resume from anywhere, this app makes it easy. Just load your doc or pdf file on to your phone and this app will allow you to save, edit and send your resume to anyone.
Platform: Android, iPhone, Blackberry
Cost: Varies on platform and options chosen.
6. Business Card Reader – This very handy app is essential for job seekers and networkers. Simply snap a quick photo of a business card and the app will import the information to your contacts. Quick, easy and incredibly useful. Plus, it’s one of the few apps that supports the Windows Mobile environment.
Platform: iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows
Cost: Varies on platform