5 Reasons Your Business Should Have a Blog
If you are beginning to embrace the power of social networking, but you haven’t yet taken the steps to create your own business blog, there are a myriad of reasons why your company can benefit from this method of promotion.
Let’s look at five of the most important reasons why a blog can benefit your company, starting today.
1. Creating a solid, humanized brand. A blog is a wonderful tool that allows your customers to put a face on your company’s brand. It allows you to share information, provide useful tips and create a deeper relationship with your readers, particularly if you frequently ask them to provide their own opinions on subjects in the comment section.
2. Keeping in touch with your customer base. Instead of sending out mass emails with updates, you can centralize your efforts on to your blog and use your posts to give updates about exciting company news, as well as giving people a reason to keep coming back to your site.
3. Reaping the benefits of SEO. Sites that have new content posted on a regular basis are deemed to be more important than those that don’t by search engine spiders. If you want to keep ranking highly in search results, publishing a blog and using keywords in that blog is an incredibly easy way to accomplish this.
4. Announcing new product launches. You can create buzz by giving little teasers about exciting upcoming product launches or even company events. Again, it’s just another part of keeping the conversation going and solidifying your brand with your customers.
5. Integration with your social media efforts. If you are already utilizing Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook for your marketing efforts, your blog can easily be integrated with these mediums to help create a circle of promotion. Instead of just reading your feeds, people will have a reason to actually visit your site, which is exactly what you want.
Just remember, once you make that commitment to creating a blog, you’ve got to be willing to put in the work to keep it going. It may take a few weeks before you start to see traffic — don’t get discouraged. Just keep plugging away and using your social media channels to promote the blog and you will start to see results.
Do you have questions about creating a blog for your company? Let the experts at SelecSource steer you in the right direction!